The House of David

"dawnbreak in the west"

Saturday, May 13, 2017

On not announcing stuff

No Man's Sky and Mass Effect Andromeda were each released in an unfinished state, and are both well on the way to be remembered as epic flops. Perhaps they were announced too early. Woolie's got a PSA on youtube concerning that: "STFU". Mainly concerning derivative games, but the same applies to new IP.

When I am working on something, I try not to announce it until I am done or near-enough. Mind you I'm not a professional, I'm not like Sean Murray and Manvier Heir.

The tragedy here for space-exploration gamers is that for these developers' arrogance the whole genre will suffer.


posted by Zimri on 13:24 | link | 0 comments

On this site




Sophia



Politics



Random crap

Powered By Blogger TM

Property of author; All Rights Reserved