The House of David

"dawnbreak in the west"

Sunday, December 25, 2016

RIP George Michael

George Michael has passed away at age 53, of heart failure (UPDATE 12/26: and, er, heroin).

David "Bowie" Jones' passing has already made this "The Year The Music Died" for me; add to this Prince and Cohen, and I expect to be reading that in many general year-end obituaries.

As for Michael himself, I admit it, sometimes I made fun of Michael's personal life, and I wasn't much of a fan of his music, and if I think someone was a dick in life I don't hold back on his death. So I've weighed up everything Michael's work and conduct has meant to me, personally, and this is what I've come up with:

I never heard George Michael say a single bad word about Andrew Ridgeley post breakup. Michael passionately defended Ridgeley's solo album "Son of Albert" when the critics were mocking it. The way Michael went out of his way to defend his ex-bandmate was an example to everyone.

RIP, George Michael. I am saddened you are not still with us.


posted by Zimri on 19:30 | link | 0 comments

On this site




Sophia



Politics



Random crap

Powered By Blogger TM

Property of author; All Rights Reserved