The House of David

"dawnbreak in the west"

Monday, May 09, 2016

Upload #131 - gift from the host

Whilst we're about sura 11's parallels, some fine ones abound in sura 51. Sura 51 used sura 11 a fair bit, with a few more little shout-outs to suras 7 and 15. I ran across the parallels a decade ago but didn't know what to do with them. Now I think I do.

I still don't know exactly when sura 51 was composed. I do, now, know that it is post-Muhammadan - it's got those "don't seek to hasten the End" tropes about which Professeur Casanova taught me. That'll do for the moment.

I've whipped up a placeholder-essay: "Provision is from God". It's something of an "out take" from the Prophetic-Cycle essay on sura 11's connexions.

Madrassa.


posted by Zimri on 21:54 | link | 0 comments

On this site




Sophia



Politics



Random crap

Powered By Blogger TM

Property of author; All Rights Reserved