The House of David

"dawnbreak in the west"

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Billy Corgan goes to the dark side

I was always ambivalent on the Smashing Pumpkins. "Today" since it's come out has been my theme-song. But then there's all that filler, like "Zero". I saw his band in Houston 1994, and they were all right ("throw all the shoes you want!"), but they were a letdown given they came on after the, um, Beastie Boys. When Corgan went global-warmist in the mid 2000s and put out the useless "Zeitgeist" album I pretty much gave up.

Still, no-one could take away the songs from the Mellon Collie era. It wasn't just the album but also all those EPs, like the songs from the "Tonight" CD - half an album by itself. (I wish I'd seen them then.)

It looks like Corgan's gone hard right-libertarian lately.


posted by Zimri on 10:22 | link | 0 comments

On this site




Sophia



Politics



Random crap

Powered By Blogger TM

Property of author; All Rights Reserved