The House of David

"dawnbreak in the west"

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Thais, beware

I know, I know; my ancestresses were just passing through Thailand - and likely before the Buddha was even born. Still. I advise against female monks.

What triggered that notion was this: No scandal has emerged among Thailand's female clergy. Ahem.

Thai women are not notably more saintly than European women, as the world's Navy men have informed us for decades (to the point of boredom). And clearly Thai Buddhism is not notably more saintly than the other non-Islamic religions or else we'd never be having this discussion. Put them together and I guarantee that Thailand will be seeing more Marion Zimmer Bradleys; more horrors like this.


posted by Zimri on 20:39 | link | 0 comments

On this site




Sophia



Politics



Random crap

Powered By Blogger TM

Property of author; All Rights Reserved