The House of David

"dawnbreak in the west"

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Upload #106 - something borrowed

Whilst we wait for that book / collection - I've smartened up "Interceding with God" and "The Retrieval of Joseph".

Mostly the latter. Joseph Witztum back in 2011 went over Arthur Jeffery's loanwords in sura 12. In the meantime I independently did the same in 30 October 2012. But... I'd not thought to look up anything near the level of material that Witztum had done. As a result I ended up not finding much parallel between the sura 12 loanwords and post-Aramaic Christian Syriac. Witztum has proven me wrong. So now, I'm fixing that.

Madrassa.


posted by Zimri on 13:36 | link | 0 comments

On this site




Sophia



Politics



Random crap

Powered By Blogger TM

Property of author; All Rights Reserved