The House of David

"dawnbreak in the west"

Thursday, February 05, 2015

Anti-psychotics and fatalism

Antipsychotic meds prompt zombie-like state among patients, h/t Drudge.

Here are the side-effects:

Side-effects can include Parkinsonism, akathisia (restlessness) and tardive dyskinesia (involuntary movements), as well as weight gain, hypersomnia, insomnia, sexual dysfunction, dry mouth, constipation and dizziness. The most profound side-effect is extreme fatigue, which leaves many in a 'zombie state'.

Weight-gain looks like a knock-on. If you've no libido and you don't care anymore, you're going to be consuming a potato-chip or two. Hypersomnia-with-insomnia looks like disrupted sleep pattern, generally. Also I don't exactly know what dry mouth is. Still: when I was on thioridazine (I was an extreme depressive aged 20, misdiagnosed as psychotic) the other symptoms do match what the drugs did to me.

Mostly the drug muted my emotions - which were still there; I still felt the depression, beneath the fuzz. But also it made me feel fatalist. Thioridazine made me feel like whatever was happening to me, it made sense. On the surface - sure, that gets rid of the "angst" part of depression. But it didn't deal with the rest - like, how I was going to get through school, if I didn't see the point of studying (which was super-hard to do with all those other side-effects) and if when I got a D on a test I just figured, meh, deus lo vult, ma sha'llah.

Eventually I got a new shrink and some zoloft. Scroll for "zone implant".


posted by Zimri on 19:59 | link | 0 comments

On this site




Sophia



Politics



Random crap

Powered By Blogger TM

Property of author; All Rights Reserved