The House of David

"dawnbreak in the west"

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Throne of Glass, week one

Last week I've been laying down the most basic "marketing" stuff: namely, mentioning that this Throne of Glass even exists. Since no-one (as in, zero people) bought it that week, it hasn't shown itself in most Amazon lookups. This false start was good news in one respect: it has given breathing-room toward fixing my own references to my own work. The academia.edu profile and my google website all, now, refer to it. And Ace's book thread knows about it too (not a review, just a plug).

One embarrassment was when my mom looked up the book on Amazon and called bullshit on its blurb. Ayy lmao. So, I had to fix the CreateSpace description, and since the same stupid blurb was on the cover I had to yank everything. While I was at it, I took the opportunity to scatter some (very) minor proofreading fixes around the main text. Anyway. Since nobody had bought the book last week, the new PDF is not a "second edition" but really just a patchup of the first. Not sure when the new blurb makes it to Amazon but at least the book itself won't have that problem.


posted by Zimri on 10:24 | link | 0 comments

On this site




Sophia



Politics



Random crap

Powered By Blogger TM

Property of author; All Rights Reserved