The House of David

"dawnbreak in the west"

Friday, July 04, 2014

The meme machine

Facebook users are being toyed with. In 2011ish I left Facebook with extreme prejudice (as opposed to my normal state of prejudice). But although I'm not affected... others were still left there.

So: anyone notice how powerful memes have become lately? I mean, under Bush I suppose there was that goofy stem-cell nontroversy which failed to get Kerry elected. But then we had, you know, Obama.

And lately we’ve had a wholesale redefinition (destruction) of the institution of marriage. It was like I woke up one morning and suddenly all the Prii and Subarus had those purple / yellow “=” stickers. And then people started losing their jobs and getting (successfully) sued for not stepping-to.

I feel like the whole country has become a Milgram Experiment (and I should know). Maybe this warping of Facebook has had a part in it.


posted by Zimri on 19:52 | link | 0 comments

On this site




Sophia



Politics



Random crap

Powered By Blogger TM

Property of author; All Rights Reserved