The House of David

"dawnbreak in the west"

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Obama dislikes us

Auster recalls that he had two opinions of Candidate Obama. One was that Obama was a mix of Hyde-Park Leftist and "community" agitator. The other was that Obama was a guy who just wanted to be loved. Auster has concluded, I think some while back, that Obama doesn't want to be loved; there are people he just doesn't like, and those people are white conservatives.

I wasn't reading Auster then. I didn't ever suspect that Obama would cater to my interests - but at the same time, if someone had suggested that he might one day wish to, I'd not have ruled it out. And this was suggested: by Obama himself on his inauguration.

I didn't watch that show at the time, though. First, there was the strangest phenomenon, of a crew of black and hispanic workers at my building crowding around to watch the historic moment. I got creeped out, as a YT. Second, check out the nose-in-the-air pose on Obama's first day, watching the blessing. Which was really a backhanded curse, against the white man.

It is not yet the Mussolini chin-thrust we've come to know and appreciate - the head is tilted - but it is getting there. This is the pose of a man starting to feel his way; starting to understand that, now, he has power over those he does not like. And with that, he revealed that there are those he does not like.


posted by Zimri on 14:55 | link | 0 comments

On this site




Sophia



Politics



Random crap

Powered By Blogger TM

Property of author; All Rights Reserved