The House of David

"dawnbreak in the west"

Saturday, September 01, 2012

The next thousand

That last post, I'd dug up from last year mainly because I had to post something. I think I'd got it humanised enough. The original version had a line in it like "someone's got to help the world's deadbeats and potheads" which, while funny enough in its savage misanthropy, doesn't represent (in irony or in truth) what I believe. But now it is more consistent - and it turned out to be serious.

That post closed out the second thousand of posts on this blog. We are now on #2001. Kinda Kubrickian.

Five years passed between April 2002 and 2007, and this blog accumulated 994 posts over that span. The next thousand (plus) spanned the reboot in September 2009 to now - three years. Not bad considering I had this blog locked down for most of the past year.

So in summer 2009, I was still a LGF neocon but in exile. This blog was restarted with an apologetic purpose - not to apologise for anything I did on LGF (that came later) but to defend myself from attacks. This branched out to an anthropology of American conservatives - I have striven not to laugh at Conservative actions, not weep at them, not to hate them, but to understand them, to paraphrase a Spinoza quote making the rounds of late. Then I realised that I was free of the strictures of the neocon blogosphere, and of LGF's rigidly-patrolled orthodoxy - I could "explore the studio space", to paraphrase a more modern philosopher.

So my Islamic work got posted. And I moved here. A book or two got CreateSpace'd. I got to reading about Reconstruction. Above all I wanted to see what I could get away with - on other sites, here, and to my own soul.

If nothing else, I've made a new and more interesting slate of enemies. I'm looking forward to the next thousand posts.


posted by Zimri on 09:51 | link | 0 comments

On this site




Sophia



Politics



Random crap

Powered By Blogger TM

Property of author; All Rights Reserved