The House of David

"dawnbreak in the west"

Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Roots of Obama's Rage: The Movie

So, Dinesh D'Souza's Obama-bash 2016 is out. I found out about its runaway success yesterday, at Ace's. So I rushed over to the AMC 24 and grabbed a seat. It really was a full house - they're not kidding.

I was surprised at the crowd. RottenTomatoes didn't list 2016 as one of the "opening" movies this week. Compare with any of Michael Moore's output. And only seven reviewers as of now have deigned to watch it.

Some of that crowd can be attributed to a lack of houses showing the film. They didn't screen it in Boulder, Louisville, or the Flatirons Mall. So we two conservatives which those areas share had to drive on to Westminster.

As for those seven reviewers: four of them liked it(!). I don't know if this will hold. I expect that Ebert will review it and pour out some hateorade.

One of the scoffers was one Phil Contrino: Conservatives have Dinesh D'Souza. Liberals have Michael Moore. We all lose. Someone will have to go back and see what Contrino'd written about Moore and other liberal (or conservative) documentaries; I have my suspicions, but I can't be arsed at the moment.

Oh yeah, my reaction. Er, I liked it. But then, I liked the book it was based on.


posted by Zimri on 11:36 | link | 0 comments

On this site




Sophia



Politics



Random crap

Powered By Blogger TM

Property of author; All Rights Reserved