The House of David

"dawnbreak in the west"

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Jon Krakauer and... some philanthropist


I saw this on Drudge.

Here's the guy:

Greg Mortenson is a former mountain climber, best-selling author, humanitarian, and philanthropist. His non-profit organization, the Central Asia Institute (CAI), is dedicated to promoting education, especially for girls, in remote parts of Pakistan and Afghanistan, and according to its web site, has established more than 140 schools there

And here's Jon Krakauer, who has written several real books on the topics of both mountain-climbing and mountain-religions: It's a beautiful story, and it's a lie.

"Under The Banner Of Heaven" was the one of Krakauer's books I read. I am not aware that anyone ever succeeded in refuting it. Since that one was on a controversial topic, I trust Krakauer completely on the less-controversial topics.

Anyway, I suspected that Mortenson was not On The Level when I saw that he was a "philanthropist"; I was sure of it when I saw that he has a "non-profit" (lol!). Non-profits are a scam; if they're not actively venal, then they're out for power - and the latter are usually venal too.

Labels:


posted by Zimri on 18:47 | link | 0 comments

On this site




Sophia



Politics



Random crap

Powered By Blogger TM

Property of author; All Rights Reserved