The House of David

"dawnbreak in the west"

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Slouching toward


I'd written earlier about Estabrook, that my parents didn't buck the local authorities when they were instilling various belief systems into us. I must apologise to them, because they did, in fact, stand up on one occasion. This is what they have related (any mistakes are mine):

Around the winter season, Estabrook instructed us all about Hanukkah (which I don't remember beyond the name); in the spring, it was Passover (which I do remember). When I went home and told my parents, apparently my mom went to the principal soon after and told them it was unfair to teach Judaism and not Christianity. The principal's response was a brilliant work of ambiguity: "where do we go from here?"

Passing on from their account to my interpretation of it, I would say that the principal's rhetorical question has an answer.


posted by Zimri on 19:30 | link | 0 comments

On this site




Sophia



Politics



Random crap

Powered By Blogger TM

Property of author; All Rights Reserved