The House of David

"dawnbreak in the west"

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Texanised


From What Kind of American English Do You Speak? -







Your Linguistic Profile:



45% General American English

30% Yankee

15% Dixie

10% Brit

0% Midwestern

0% Upper Midwestern

I call a "rotary" a "roundabout", and I call an easy class a "doddle"; neither of which were in my list of choices. I was doing that even before 1987, partly inspired by Adrian Mole.

I used to call "sneakers", "trainers"; but I really don't anymore so I couldn't in conscience include that. I also used to spell more Britishly than I do now (as you might be able to tell from tracing my old blog posts, although why you'd do that is anyone's guess).

I also had to retrain myself not to call an "eraser" a "rubber". "Baby, can you lend me a rubber? I made a mistake..."

UPDATE: HTML mass text formatting inside a table really sucks. So you know.


posted by Zimri on 19:15 | link | 0 comments

On this site




Sophia



Politics



Random crap

Powered By Blogger TM

Property of author; All Rights Reserved